Red Route Benefits
- By improving the efficiency of main roads congestion will be reduced.
- There will be reduced journey times and improved journey time reliability.
The environment will benefit as pollution from vehicle emissions will be reduced as traffic is allowed to flow more freely.
- A safer and more pleasant environment will be provided for pedestrians, which include improved crossing facilities along the route and at side road junctions.
An environment that better caters for people with disabilities through dedicated and well enforced Blue Badge parking near shops and improved pedestrian facilities.
Cyclists will benefit from advance cycle stop lines at traffic lights. These are a means of giving cyclists a head start at traffic lights.
- Loading and short term parking facilities will be reviewed and will be clearly marked with parking boxes and signs.
- It will allow buses to keep moving, which improves bus journey times.