For more information on Consumer Education please contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454040506 or visit Citizens Advice
A large number of information leaflets are produced by the Office of Fair Trading and can be downloaded from their website. Some of the leaflets which are available include:
- Are you fit to join? - A guide to health club membership terms (OFT380)
- Buying a new car (OFT707)
- Buying a PC(OFT615)
- Consumer entertainment contracts (OFT691)
- Fair terms for care (OFT688)
- Holiday clubs (OFT642)
- Shopping from home (OFT334)
- Unfair tenancy terms (OFT381)
- Your doorstep your decision. A guide to keeping control of doorstep sales (OFT733A)
- Your guide to private dentistry (OFT660)
Careers in Trading Standards
We attend School Careers Days offering advice for students on Trading Standards related courses. We have a 10 minute video and DVD avilable for loan which details a day in the life of aTrading Standards Officer.
The http://www.askcedric.org.uk/ website provides a wealth of information and links to numerousl consumer education resources used by Trading Standards and other consumer organisations. Consumer Education information can also be found on the Trading Standards Institute web site.