Trading Standards - Customer Feedback
We want to hear your views on the service you have received from us. This helps us to ensure that we are catering to the needs of our customers. Use our Your Views are Good News Form to provide us with your feedback.
For other contact information for the Trading Standards service see Trading Standards
We regularly contact customers to establish how satisfied they are with the quality of service that they receive from us and to seek ideas for service improvement. Here are the latest results -
Satisfaction with the Overall Quality of Service received by Customers who contacted Trading Standards for Assistance
Customers contact the Citizens Advice consumer service for assistance with problems that they have with traders - if the issue cannot be resolved by advising the customer then the matter is referred to Trading Standards where it is allocated to one of our officers who can assist the customer to resolve the problem. This graph demonstrates the overall level of satisfaction of the customers who have received this assistance from Trading Standards.
Satisfaction with the Overall Quality of Service received by Businesses that come into contact with Trading Standards
Trading Standards as a regulator of businesses carries out visits and inspections at business premises. The graph on the left demonstrates the overall level of satisfaction of the businesses that are visited by Trading Standards
Since April 2013 we have not received any complaints about our service. We also received 18 compliments in relation to our services.
We hope that the service we provide meets your needs and expectations. However, we recognise that occasionally our service may fall below the high standards we set ourselves. This procedure enables you to bring any such problems to our attention. It is important that you provide us with as much detail as possible about what has happened. We can investigate but cannot respond to anonymous complaints.
We undertake to respond to comments, complaints and compliments in the following manner:-
- Your complaint will be taken seriously and you will be dealt with fairly and courteously
- Your complaint will be acknowledged and you will be notified of the name and contact number of the Investigating Officer
- The Investigating Officer will try to resolve your complaint informally within 48 hours of speaking to you (an interpreter will be provided if required)
- For any investigation taking longer than 48 hours, we will aim to complete it within 15 working days and we will provide you with a written reply
- If we cannot complete the investigation within 15 working days, we will tell you, and give you a date by which the investigation should be completed
- You will be given an opportunity to discuss the result of the investigation and you will also be told who you can complain to if you are not happy with the outcome of the investigation.
If you would like to speak to an officer in respect of a comment, complaint or compliment you wish to make or have already made in respect of Trading Standards Services you can speak to:
Your Views Co-ordinator,
Regulation and Enforcement,
50 Newton Street,
Birmingham B4 6NE
Telephone: 0121 675 1939
Fax: 0121 303 6994