Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk



Gambling Premises Temporary Use Notices

Temporary Use Notices (TUN) allow the use of premises for gambling where there is no premises licence but where a gambling operator wishes to use the premises temporarily for providing facilities for gambling.

A Temporary Use Notice must be lodged with the licensing authority not less than 3 months and 1 day before the day on which the gambling event will begin.

In addition a copy of the notice must also be served within 7 days on

  • the Gambling Commission
  • the Chief of Police
  • HM Revenues and Customs
  • any other Licensing Authority in whose area the premises are situated

The Gambling Act 2005 refers to a set of premises and provides that a set of premises is the subject of a TUN if 'any part' of the premises is the subject of a Notice.

The same permits may not be the subject of a temporary use notice for more than 21 days in any 12-month period, but may be the subject of several notices provided that the total does not exceed 21 days.

The Department for Culture, Media and Sport website includes further information and guidance on the Gambling Act and licensing arrangements.

Licensing Section,
Crystal Court,
Aston Cross Business Village,
50 Rocky Lane
B6 5RQ

Telephone number : 0121 303 9896
e-mail: licensing@birmingham.gov.uk