Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk



Licensing Other Licences

In addition to the licensing of Alcohol and Entertainment and of Taxis and Private Hire the Licensing service is also involved in licensing a wide range of other activities and services. These range from gambling, skin piercers, charitable collections and many more.

In April 2006 provisions of the Housing Act 2004 will come into operation and this means that landlords of 'houses in multiple occupation' (HMOs) in certain parts of the City may require a licence. You can find out more and view a booklet produced for landlords by visiting HMO licensing. To speak to an officer about HMO licensing please contact private rented housing services in the City's Housing Department.

In order to monitor and improve the service delivered by the licensing section we would appreciate a few minutes of your time to complete the Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire attached below.

For further information on the other services we licence check the menu to the left of this page where you will find general information/guidance on the specific licence concerned as well as a downloadable application form. Alternatively you can contact the Licensing Section by any of the methods set out below for our advice and assistance:-

For further information please use the Licensing General Enquiry Form or one of the license application forms which you can download and e-mail back to us.
or contact:-

Licensing Section,
Crystal Court,
Aston Cross Business Park,
50 Rocky Lane,
B6 5RQ

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9am - 4pm
Wednesday: 10am - 4pm
Friday 9am - 3.30pm

Telephone: 0121 303 9896
Fax: 0121 303 9982