Unfortunately some of our forms will be unavailable between 03/07/15 (17:00 hours) and 06/07/15 (08:00 hours). We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Building Consultancy Customer Service Questionniare
We are constantly striving to improve our service delivery/performance to our customers.
At the end of each project we issue a questionnaire to the customer to allow them the opportunity to assess our service. The information gathered from these questionnaires is used to measure our performance against set standards.
The graph below represents the views of our customers based on five key questions contained within the questionnaire.
- Did you find the surveyor helpful and willing to offer solutions to any problems arising on site?
- When you contacted us by phone about building regulations, how would you rate our service?
- How would you rate our service overall?
- Did you think the overall service you received was good value for money?
- Would you say that the building regulations process has benefited your project?
The following are quotes taken from the questionnaire.
"During our conversation AH provided me with some very useful advice concerning notifiable work under Part P of the Building Regulations. Went out of his way to be helpful".
"I was very happy with the quality of service that I received from Birmingham City Council, Building Control. They were always on time for appointments and were very informative".
"We're happy to be guided by you and accept that the issues have now been resolved. Our thanks to you for all your help. I wanted firstly to thank you and your colleagues for the way in which you have responded to the issues we raised. We are now at last making progress and I believe the chances of resolving these problems have greatly improved thanks to the support Building Control is now providing".
"Thank you for a very good service, from phone calls to visits and the help that you offered to make it run a lot smoother".
"Site inspectors were approachable and engaging. I would especially like to mention MB for the help and advice he provided during his visits".
"As a first time developer, I found the prospect of the development daunting, but with your assistance and guidance I felt everything worked out extremely well and I am very pleased with the outcome".
"Thank you for your swift reply and the usefulness of the content. If the works require a building notice we will be sure to use your services based upon your help to date."
Comments received from our customers and our response.
"Site visits can be at anytime during the working day. It would be helpful if the time frame could be married to say am or pm, or even both to say a two hour slot"
With effect from September 2012 we introduced an am/pm booking option. If either a morning or an afternoon is referred this can be requested when booking a inspection.
"Access to a qualified surveyor"
We now have in place a technical rota, where a qualified building control surveyor is on hand during the day to answer any technical queries you might have.
"Timed appointments would enhance your service"
Where possible we provide am/pm inspections but due to the high volume of bookings we receive and our commitment to undertake visits within 24 hours it is not always practical to provide timed appointments.
"It would have been better to have one surveyor for the whole of the project rather than two"
Our services are organised around four area teams and wherever possible we allocate your project to a surveyor who will see it through to completion. This may not always be practical and another surveyor may have to pick up calls during holidays or peak periods.
This chart above summarises our performance based on information taken from our Customer Service Questionnaire.
- 79% of service users rated the service received overall as either Good or Very Good.
- 83% of service users felt that the service provided represented Value for Money.
- 93% felt that the Building Regulations process had been beneficial to their project.
- 96% felt that the building control surveyor had been helpful/approachable on site.
- 86% of callers indicated that the Building Regulations had been effective in protecting the wider community (issues of health, sustainability and access and safety).