Sutton Coldfield Local Strategic Partnership
The partnership was formed in 2004 and has three prime objectives:
- Implement practical projects which improve the lives of those who live, work and spend leisure time in Sutton Coldfield
- To bring about community cohesion, social inclusion and build inclusive communities
- To develop strong, sustainable, healthy and safe communities
The partnership meets when required to report on its themed activities and review progress against the targets set out in the Community Plan. The theme groups meet more frequently and concentrate on specific topic areas of importance to the district.
Sutton Coldfield Community Plan 2010+
The partnership oversees the development and publication of this plan ensuring that community representatives and stakeholders are engaged as far as possible in its creation. This plan aims to take Sutton Coldfield forward providing a framework of achievable targets. A downloadable version can be found attached at the foot of this page.
The Vision for Sutton Coldfield
The Strategic Partnership works to ensure that Sutton Coldfield remains a thriving area where people are proud to live, work and spend their leisure time; its vision is to make the district even more appealing.
To achieve this we will:
• Consult, listen and gather information and comments and ensure that the priorities identified by our communities are progressed, actioned and the wider community kept informed.
• Where we provide services and facilities to the community, we will ensure that they meet the diverse needs of both existing and future residents.
• Be sensitive to the environment and unique history of the District, ensuring it is clean and free of nuisance and where people feel safe.
• Deliver well run services which are responsive to local need.
• Make Sutton Coldfield ‘a cut above the rest’ by working with businesses, community and voluntary sectors to develop inclusive partnership working arrangements.