Cycling News and Events
Winter Cycling Challenge with Better Points
Challenge yourself this Winter to save money, get fit and have fun! Don’t let the darker nights and chilly weather put you off getting out and about on your bike, there’s still lots of fun to be had and plenty of cycling to be done. From Monday 30 November 2015 until Friday 4 March 2016 we are running our ‘BCR Winter Challenge’! Download the BetterPoints app to your smart phone, sign up with our dedicated challenge code: BCRWC to get 500 bonus points and be in with a chance of winning brilliant bike lights or £15 Love2shop vouchers each week! Taking part is simple, just replace some or all of your journeys with cycling, log your journeys on the BetterPoints app and watch the rewards roll in!
How to take part
- Download the BetterPoints app, available in the App Store and Google Play. You need a smartphone to complete this challenge, as it is an evidence based app.
- Sign up using our dedicated challenge code: BCRWC and you will receive 500 bonus points.
- If you are already a member of BetterPoints please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in the challenge.
- Before setting off on a ride, make sure gps is turned on on the phone and start a new activity on the app. Once the ride is finished, go back into the app and click end activity.
- Log 1 journey in a week (Monday to Sunday) to earn points and be in with a chance of winning bike lights or log 3 or more journeys in a week (Monday to Sunday) to be in with a chance of winning £15 Love2shop vouchers.
- Winners who have already won will be discounted from winning prizes in future weeks, but can still earn rewards through the app.
- Prizes will be delivered within 1 month of winning the prize.
Terms and Conditions
- The ‘BCR Winter Challenge’ is open to anyone who lives or works in Birmingham. In order to be eligible for prizes at least some of your journey must take place within Birmingham.
- You are allowed to use public transport as part of your journeys to and from work, but the distance travelled whilst using public transport should not be included in your recorded mileage on the BetterPoints app.
- Prizes will only be given to participants who record their journeys, all recipients of prizes will be selected at random from those who have logged sufficient journeys.
- You must be aged 14 or over to take part, under 18s need the permission of a parent or guardian to download the app, and take part in the challenge.
- Winners can only win one prize during the competition's duration.
- Prizes cannot be swapped or exchanged for money, or anything other than the specified prize.
- All winners contact details will be kept private, and will not be shared with any third parties.
- You will be contacted by email if you have won a prize.
- Prizes will be delivered within 1 month of the winner being notified.
- Winners may be asked to have their photo taken and their name used for marketing purposes however this is not a condition of winning.
- Anyone employed by the Birmingham Cycle Revolution project or BetterPoints will not be eligible to win prizes in this competition.