Services for Education
Services for Education is a charitable company formed of three component services formerly provided by Birmingham City Council;
- the Music Service
- the Health Education Service
- the Learning & Assessment Service.
The Learning Technologies Service now complements the existing service offer. The mission of Services for Education is to provide services in support of excellence in the teaching, learning and wellbeing of young people, we aim to be responsive to your needs and are here to help you improve outcomes for your learners.
Services for Education seeks to ensure everything we do is based on a secure educational philosophy and integrity of purpose within a not-for-profit context.
The Health Education Service and the Learning and Assessment Service
The training and support activities of the Learning and Assessment Service, and the Health Education Service provide a comprehensive menu of professional development to support whole school improvement across five themes:
- Teaching and Learning
- Safeguarding, emotional health and wellbeing
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- NQT Support -Early career development
Our team is here to help improve outcomes for your pupils in: EYFS, literacy and numeracy, music, PSHE, citizenship, and social and emotional skills. We provide high quality professional development for those working with children and young people in all educational settings. Our support can be accessed through in-school and centre-based sessions. We are happy to work with whole staff groups, targeted teaching and support staff, governors and parents, or provide 1:1 consultancy.
Teaching and Learning
- incorporates the requirements of the new curriculum, and a school’s wider broad and balanced offer, including Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural education
- ensure that all your staff are up-to-date and understand the implications of essential information, guidance, support and updates regarding statutory assessments at both local and national levels
Safeguarding, emotional health and wellbeing
- Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment training for Designated Safeguarding Leads, Governors & Headteachers
- Domestic abuse, FGM, CSE & sexual exploitation
- E-safety, sexual bullying, risks and effects of alcohol & drug use
- Food safety
Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
Proud of our growing reputation for supporting schools in raising standards, we aim to be responsive to your EYFS needs and are here to help you to improve outcomes for learners.
Newly Qualified Teachers – Early career progression
The Learning and Assessment Service act on behalf of Birmingham Local Authority as an Appropriate Body for NQTs. Schools who appoint NQTs have a statutory duty to register them with an Appropriate Body for their induction year.
We offer a range of continuing professional development courses to support NQT Induction Tutors and NQTs during their induction, developing their professional and personal conduct through the transition from trainee to leader of learning.
Schools Support Service
Head of Schools Support Service
Telephone: 0121 366 9954
Further information can be found at Services for Education website www.servicesforeducation.co.uk