Education Safety Services
Education Safety Services can provide competent health and safety advice, which will support you in creating a safe school environment and provide you with the tools and knowledge to demonstrate health and safety compliance.
The basic package provides:
- Competent advice and support;
- An accident management system and HSE reporting
- Access to specific guidance on common health and safety issues and problems; and
- Toolkits to assist in developing your own policies and risk assessments.
In addition to the basic package, additional services are also available, including:
- Health and Safety Audit
- Accident or Incident Investigation
- Asbestos Management Plan Review
- Fire Risk Assessment and Review
- Return to Work Assessments
- Security Risk Assessment
- School Safe Construction Programme
- Section 19 Permits
- Swimming Pool Audit
- Tree Assessments
- Health and Safety Training Courses
Educational Visits Support through Safety Services
Basic Package - Competent advice and support provided for any issue relating to an educational visit, enabling schools to comply with Birmingham City Council Policy framework, as detailed in the recently updated ‘Guidance for Educational Visits and Learning Outside the Classroom’, and the newly adopted National Guidance for Educational Visits.
The advice and support will come from Education Visit Advisers who are members of the Outdoor Educational Advisers Panel.
A framework for accepting, monitoring and feedback to notifiable visits will be part of this basic package. Monitoring methods such as training, notification forms and visits by Outdoor Learning Advisers will be used to enable schools to comply with BCC and National Guidance.
Additional services available to support educational visits are:
- Educational Visit Coordinator training.
- Educational Visit Leader training.
- Educational Visits Review – review of the schools Education Visits procedures and policy.
- Curriculum Support - Outdoor Learning Cards training for staff, site visits to review use of grounds for outdoor learning and using outdoor learning in the curriculum.
Contact for Business Enquiries:
Telephone: 0121 303 2420
Fax: 0121 303 5305
Address: Education Safety Services
Birmingham City Council
10 Woodcock Street
Current Training Courses
Please see course information and booking forms below: