Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Qualifying for Support

When parents may receive support for children's travel

In some circumstances parents may receive support for their children's travel to school.

We can consider providing a travel pass for:

  • Pupils who attend schools more than the qualifying distance from their home
  • Pupils attending church schools
  • Pupils who move address
  • Pupils from low income families (Year Groups 4 to 6 and 7 to 11 only)

For further information and details of how to apply for a travel pass, please go to our Apply for a Travel Pass page.

We can consider providing travel assistance for:

  • Pupils with learning difficulties and / or disabilities
  • Pupils attending specialist centres

For further information regarding travel assistance, please see our Specialised Transport page.