Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Gambling Occasional Use Notice

To provide betting facilities at tracks for short periods where there is no premises licence and the event is temporary and infrequent you must comply with the Gambling Act 2005 and may require an occasional use notice from the local authority.
This page tells you about occasional use notices and how to apply, including some useful links.

Tracks can be authorised for the provision of facilities for betting where the betting will be for no more than 8 days a year, in the form of an 'occasional use notice'. A track is defined as a horse-race course, dog track, or other premises on any part of which a race or other sporting event takes place, or is intended to take place.

More information

Application Process

How to Apply

Guidance and Advice

Public Register