The Building Birmingham Scholarship is open to all young people aged between 16 and 24, living in Birmingham. You must have secured a place at one of the local Birmingham universities and you must also be settled in the UK within the meaning of the UK Immigration Act. (Supporting documents may be requested).
To be eligible for the bursary, candidates must:
- Be planning to go to / have secured a place on a relevant higher education course at a local Birmingham university (Aston University, Birmingham City University or University of Birmingham);
- Not already have a degree - this must be your first degree;
- Be a Birmingham resident for three years or more;
- Live within a priority ward or area in Birmingham (including Aston, Ladywood, Lozells & East Handsworth, Nechells, Soho, Sparkbrook and Washwood Heath);
- Live within an area with a workless rate of above 25% (see document below).
- Live within an area of a Birmingham Municipal Housing Trust (BMHT) development (for more information visit www.birmingham.gov.uk/bmht);
- Have a low family income (up to £26,000);
- Be aged under 25 at the start of the course;
- Be a UK commonwealth or EU citizen with indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
Last Updated : 15th January 2014