Bristol Road South Development Brief - Supplementary Planning Guidance - (SPG)
Please Note : This document has now been revoked and is no longer in use
The Bristol Street South Draft Development Brief set out proposals for the future direction of the southern area of Bristol Street in the city centre, to the east of Attwood Green at Belgrave Middleway.
The area has potential for comprehensive clearance and redevelopment, and is capable of accommodating a significant build, in both quantity and scale.
The key objectives of the document were to:
- clear and redevelop area with a mixture of residential, commercial office, bulky goods retailing and showrooms.
- improve pedestrian links to the surrounding residential and commercial areas.
- provide a true ‘gateway’ development for the city centre along the main arterial route (A38) into the city.
- contribute to an improved physical environment.
- emphasise ground floor activity, consistent with a pedestrian environment.
- ensure a well designed and safe living and working environment.
- complement the regeneration programme to the west of the site, in Attwood Green, including the green link through to Highgate.
- encourage new development that reflected the site's high profile City Centre location, maximised its prime accessibility and extended City Centre uses.
The Development Brief was adopted in March 2003 in order to provide planning and urban design guidance. This document has now been revoked, however, you may be interested in the Bristol Street & St Luke's Development Framework, currently being prepared.
A copy of the document is below along with a map showing the area covered by the proposals.
Document Status : Statutory Policy Document - Adopted March 2003 - Revoked July 2013
Last Updated : 5th August 2013