Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Carrying Out Work (Listed Building)

You must apply for permission before making any alterations either inside or outside the property which affect the character of the building. This may include even relatively minor alterations or redecoration.

You should always check whether you need Permission well in advance of starting any work. It is a criminal offence to carry out work without permission and the Council can prosecute if work is carried out illegally

For advice please contact us we will be able to provide information about the correct construction methods to use and about appropriate materials. For example we can discuss with you whether original materials might be available or, if new materials must be used, what types will be suitable.

We also have a list of specialists who carry out this sort of work in the Birmingham area, below.

BCC Footer

Last Updated : 6th November 2013