Selly Park Avenues Conservation Area
Shortcut to this page:www.birmingham.gov.uk/sellyparkavenuesca
Selly Park Avenues Conservation Area was designated in 2009.
The area was laid out between 1905 and 1908 and built by Grants of Cotteridge, a firm responsible for many similar estates in Birmingham. The house frontages are given a wide variety of decorative treatments, incorporating square and three sided bays in stone and timber, some with stained glass panels, others with timber sash windows.
Although there are no listed buildings within the proposed conservation area, the Selly Park Tavern, an attractive building of around 1910 is included in the Local List.
At the same time, we also restricted the types of work often permitted without planning permission to retain the character of the area. This is known as an Article 4 Direction. It means that planning permission is required from us to, for example, erect a wall, fence, satelite dish or porch etc. This only affects certain properties in the area.
A map showing the boundary of the conservation area is below along with details of the Article 4 Driection. The designation report will be added in due course. Newsletters were produced during the course of the are being designated. These are also below for information.
Last Updated : 4th November 2013