Homes & Neighbourhoods Law
Feizal Hajat OBE is the Head of Housing & Community Safety Law and leads the team.
Feizal has over 20 years experience of working in local government and has particular expertise in tackling Anti-Social Behaviour. Feizal has worked closely with National Government in developing the law and public policy relating to ASB. He has delivered training for the Home Office's Anti-Social Behaviour Unit. Feizal is currently a member of the Coalition Government’s Anti-Social Behaviour Network and ACPO Gang Network. In 2011, Feizal was awarded an OBE in recognition for his work in tackling anti-social behaviour both locally and nationally.
- deals with anti-social behaviour, domestic violence and hate crime
- works in both the County and Magistrates courts and has extensive experience of applying for injunctions in relation to anti-social behaviour orders, possession orders, parenting orders, individual support orders and drug prevention orders
- works closely with the Safer Birmingham Partnership
- is involved with developing policies and procedures relating to crime and disorder
- deals with complex homelessness and housing management work, including breaches of tenancy agreements, lodgers in occupation, unauthorised occupants and illegal evictions
- deals with disrepair claims in the County Court and with some rent arrears possession claims, as well as evictions and suspension of warrants of execution
- contests CFA/Publicly funded matters
- provides advice and guidance to Homeless Services on homelessness law, policy and procedure
- works in partnership with Housing on Decent Homes work and obtaining injunctions against tenants who fail to allow access for electrical works
Head of Housing & Community Safety Law
Tel: 0121-303 9289