Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable on Saturday 20th December 2014 between 8.00am and 8.00pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Equipment Loan Service
We provide an efficient and responsive community equipment service in partnership with the NHS. This service loans a range of equipment to help people to live independently at home or to help carers. We stock equipment that may assist your needs.
All equipment is loaned without charge and equipment maintenance where required is also free. It is important that equipment is returned when no longer required, please call our Collections department on 0300 123 0917.
How to Access the Service
The Access Team is the first point of contact for the Occupational Therapy Service – please see related links. An equipment referral form must be completed by a Health Care Professional to identify the type of equipment and level of service required – delivery only or additional fitting.
- Delivery of equipment to your home address or other alternative delivery address within Birmingham
- Self collect facility for you, your carers or any Health Care Professionals for collection of equipment within normal opening hours
- Fitting and installation of equipment in your home, as requested by the Health Care Professional
- Maintenance of equipment on loan to ensure statutory compliance
- Collection service from your home address of equipment no longer required
- Equipment may be returned back to Nechells within our normal opening hours
- Decontamination of returned equipment through our designated Decontamination Unit
- Repair and refurbishment of equipment where viable.
We undertake regular customer surveys to obtain feedback about the service provided. The survey information is discussed and reviewed with the Occupational Therapy Service User group to identify any concerns and service improvements/initiatives.
For more Information
For more information on the Equipment Loan Service please contact us.
Equipment Loan Service
Units B1-3 Matrix Point
Phone:0300 123 0917
Fax: 0121 333 5501
Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm for self collections or equipment returns
Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:00pm for telephone enquiries
Services for Adults with Physical Disabilities