If you enjoy cooking with the very best ingredients, then you can't beat the fresh local produce on offer at the Birmingham Farmers' Market.
As well as an array of fresh seasonal fruit and vegetables, you will also find a whole host of other delights such as fresh meat, eggs, pickles, chutneys, cheese, sausages and even ostrich burgers. The market also offers freshly baked breads, biscuits, cakes, pies and pastries and an array of wines and ciders.
The following is a list of produce normally found at Birmingham Farmers' Market.
- Range of honey related produce, jams and chutneys
- Dry cured bacon, pork and gammon steaks and pork pies
- Cakes, scones and fudge plus seasonal fruits
- Homemade biscuits, cakes and preserves
- Traditional hand made cheeses
- Range of red and white wines
- Organic vegetables and fruits
- Aromatherapy and soaps
- Free range eggs
- Ciders, perry, fruit wine and juice
- Apples and pears
- Ostrich meat and grilled burgers
- Freshly baked breads
- Yoghurt, cream, butter, cheese and cheesecakes
- Free range rare breed packed meats and grilled snacks
- Strawberries from April to September
- Wide range of herb plants from April to September
The Farmers' Market day is always the first and third Wednesday of each month,10am - 4pm with the exception of December when each Wednesday, leading up to Christmas Day, is Farmers' Market Day.
The Farmers' Market is located in Upper New Street, near Victoria Square from January to November. In December, due to the positioning of the German Market/Craft Fair Market, the Farmers' Market is relocated to Broad Street next to NIA, opposite the House of Sport and in front of the Fun Fair.
Other Farmers Markets in and around Birmingham:
Sutton Coldfield Parade: 2nd Friday of the Month: 9am-2pm
Brindley Place: Friday 29th June 2012: 10am-2pm
Brindly Place, B1 2JF
Moseley Farmers Market: St Mary's Row: 4th Saturday of the Month
Contact: 0121 449 4763
Kings Norton Village Green: 2nd Saturday of the Month
Contact: 0121 458 5268
Kings Heath Farmers Market: 1st Saturday of the Month
Contact: 0121 443 4421
24 Carrots Food Market:
Contact: 0121 212 9489