The next Remembrance Sunday will be held in Centenary Square on Sunday 10th November 2013
A History of Remembrance Sunday is attached at the foot of this page.
FREE PROGRAMMES ARE DISTRIBUTED AT THE EVENT OR DOWNLOAD A FREE PROGRAMME AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS WEB PAGE.(2013 programme to be added nearer the date) If you do not manage to get a programme at the event or cannot dowload and would like a programme for Remembrance - just telephone the Lord Mayor's Parlour on 0121 303 2040 and we will provide one in any format that you request.
Brief overview of the 2012 programme
- 10.00am - The Salvation Army Band commences to play on Centenary Square.
- 10.20am - Uniformed contingents March on.
- 10.35am - The Civic Wreath Laying Party will leave the ICC for the V.I.P. grandstand.
- 10.40am - The Mercian Band, Standards and Associations march on.
- 10.50am - The Lord Mayor's party will process out of the ICC.
- 10.55 am - Service commences as follows:
Act of Remembrance
Act of Commemoration
Bugler - The Last Post
- 11.00am - Volley rifle fire.
Two Minutes Silence
- 11.02am - Volley of rifle fire.
Bugler - Reveille
Hymn - O God our Help in Ages Past
Act of Commitment
The Lord's Prayer
Remembrance Sunday Traffic Restrictions
Broad Street from Paradise Circus to Sheepcote Street, 09.30am -12.00noon.
Cambridge Street from Brindley Drive to the island at the rear of the Repertory Theatre, 7.00am - 12.30pm.
First part of Cambridge Street to Brindley Drive. 11.20 - 11.50 am.
For further information please contact: The Lord Mayor's Parlour or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
(0121) 303 2040
(0121) 303 4809
Copyright: 2011 Birmingham City Council