Licensing Services Customer Feedback
We want to hear your comments about the services we provide, whether these be comments, complaints or compliments. This will help us to ensure that we are catering to customer needs as far as possible and improve our services accordingly. We try to ensure that the services we provide meet your needs and expectations but we recognise that occasions can arise when our service falls below the high standards we set ourselves. Our Your Views are Good News form enables you to bring such matters to our attention. It is important that you provide us with as much detail as possible about what has happened. We can investigate but cannot respond to anonymous complaints.
Licensing requests for assistance responded to within 5 working days since April 2012
Satisfaction with the Overall Quality of Service received by Businesses (Hackney Carriage and Private Hire) who contacted Licensing in relation to Licensing matters.
Licensing deal with the issue and renewal of all licences in the city for hackney carriage and private hire vehicles, drivers and operators. The graph demonstrates the overall satisfaction level of these customers with the service they receive from Licensing. The latest results also show that:
95% of customers dealing with the licensing section were satisfied with the professionalism of staff
95% with their courtesy
94% with the application forms.
Business Satisfaction with theOverall Quality of Enforcement (Hackney Carriage and Private Hire) Activities by the Licensing Service
The Licensing service undertakes enforcement activities in relation to the legislation and licence conditions applied to the hackney carriage and private hire businesses. The graph demonstrates the overall satisfaction of these customers with the enforcement activities of the Licensing service. The latest results also show that:
93% of businesses were satisfied with the politeness of the officers
93% were satisfied with the professionalism of the staff.
Satisfaction with the Overall Quality of Service received by Businesses (General) who contacted Licensing in relation to Licensing matters.
The Licensing service issues and renews licences for a variety of business activities including; pubs, clubs, theatres, cinemas, restaurants, betting shops, casinos, sex shops and street collections. The graph demonstrates the overall satisfaction of these customers.
Satisfaction with the Overall Quality of Service received by Customers who contact Licensing for Assistance
The Licensing service deals with complaints made by customers in relation to licensed people, premises and vehicles. The graph demonstrates the overall satisfaction of customers with this aspect of the service.
Since April 2012 Licensing has received only one complaint, this was not upheld.
We undertake to ensure that:
- Your complaint is taken seriously and you are dealt with in a fair and courteous manner.
- Your complaint will be acknowledged and you will be notified of the name and contact number of the Investigating Officer.
- The investigating officer will try to resolve your complaint informally within 48 hours of speaking to you (an interpreter will be provided if required).
- Should the investigation take longer than 48 hours we will aim to complete it within 10 working days and provide you with a response in writing.
- If we cannot complete our investigations within 10 working days we will tell you and give you a date by which the investigation should be completed.
- You will be given an opportunity to discuss the results of the investigation and you will also be told who you can complain to if you are not happy with the outcome of the investigation.
Please send your complaint/comment/compliment to:
Your Views Co-ordinator,
Regulation and Enforcement,
50 Newton Street,
Telephone: 0121 303 6999
Fax: 0121 303 6994