Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable on Saturday 23 July 2016 from 3.30 am to 1 pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Licensing Club Premises Certificate

This page can be referred to as

To authorise the supply of alcohol and regulated entertainment in a qualifying club in England and Wales you must comply with the Licensing Act 2003 and will require a club premises certificate from the local authority.
This page tells you about club premises certificates and how to apply.

A club premises certificate authorises the supply of alcohol and regulated entertainment in a qualifying club. In a qualifying club there is technically no sale by retail of alcohol (except to guests) as the member owns part of the alcohol stock and the money passing across the bar is merely a mechanism to preserve equity between members where one may consume more than another. In order to constitute a qualifying club you must also satisfy the various requirements set out in the Licensing Act 2003.

More information

Eligibility Criteria

Application Process

Making Representations

How to Apply

Failed Applications

Guidance and Advice

Public Register

Complaints/Enquiries – Applicants or Licence Holders

Consumer Complaints

Trade Associations