Legal Services Charter
"To work to establish a Legal Service for the entire public and ‘not for profit’ sector in Birmingham, owned and controlled jointly by public sector and ‘not for profit’ employers in Birmingham for their individual and mutual benefit in furtherance of greater economy, efficiency, effectiveness and excellence"
"To work with lawyer and other colleagues in the public and ‘not for profit’ sector within Birmingham through the ‘One Place’ Project for the mutual benefit of all involved while also providing the best quality reactive and proactive legal service to Birmingham City Council, and with other local authorities through the Income Generation Team"
We aim to do this by:
- working in partnership with our customers to provide the highest quality service by being proactive, effective, efficient and courteous
- making positive and innovative contributions to the delivery of the Council's stated aims and objectives
- being a centre of excellence in local government
We will strive to provide a high quality service by continuously:
- being accessible, approachable and courteous
- adapting to the changing needs of our customers
- providing positive and innovative legal solutions
- keeping costs down through the application of best practice
- improving our services through quality systems (e.g. the Law Society's Lexcel Practice Management Standards, ISO 9001 Quality Assurance and Investors in People)
- valuing diversity in the workforce, training, listening and caring for all staff
- making effective use of information technology
- learning from customer feedback.
We value our customers and pro-actively encourage feedback.
We provide a full and comprehensive legal advice service.
For further information, please contact:
Practice Development Manager