Fraud and Corruption
To report suspected fraud, please visit:
Anti Fraud and Corruption Policy
Birmingham Audit has a layered approach to prevent, detect and deter fraud.
Work to enforce and promote our policy is reported annually to the council's Audit Committee.
Our fraud investigation team undertakes extensive work to drive down fraud. Procedures and guidance materials are well established to outline what constitutes fraud, how it occurs, and examples of behaviour or indicators that might suggest fraud.
These materials state:
- The roles and responsibilities of officers.
- How to report suspicions.
- How the investigation process works.
- The actions that will be taken following an investigation.
- How employee fraud is dealt with.
Policies and Procedures
The council's Whistleblowing policy is adopted to help people that have concerns over any wrong-doing in the council, i.e. unlawful conduct, financial malpractice or dangers to the public or the environment.