Your Leisure Card must be presented on each visit to gain access. If you are on the Be active scheme, or a discount scheme like Passport to Leisure, you must present your card at each visit or the full charge will be required. A fee will be charged for lost or damaged cards.
It is your responsibility to advise us if any of your details change. If you have not used your card for three years, we will delete your records and bonus points.
The scheme is open to all Birmingham residents living in properties that pay their council tax to Birmingham City Council.
Leisure Cards will be issued only on production of two proofs of name with the same address. We will accept any of the following:
- current Leisure Card
- council tax bill
- utility bill
- tenancy agreement
- driving licence
- bank statement
- benefits statement
- medical card
For customers living in residential hostels and similar communal accommodation, then a letter on official letterhead confirming residential status of the customer and signed by the manager of the hostel is acceptable
Using the Scheme
Customers are required to show their Leisure Card every time they visit the centre for free access to the facilities.
Failure to show the Leisure Card means customers will be asked to pay for their session in full (no refunds).
A charge will be made for replacement cards.
Fitness Gym Induction
- A free induction is included as part of the scheme.
- An induction is required for all customers prior to using the fitness gym.
- Where a customer fails to attend an induction, the full induction fee will be charged to book a further induction.
Customers are asked to treat staff, other customers and the facilities with respect.
Anyone behaving in an abusive or threatening manner, or using inappropriate language, will be asked to leave the premises and their membership will be suspended pending an investigation.
Passport to Leisure Card
- The card is valid for 12 months from the date of issue
- Birmingham residents are people living in a property where the council tax is paid to Birmingham City Council
- Only the person to whom it was issued may use the card. It is not transferable and no more than one card will be issued to any person
- The card must be produced on each visit to obtain a discount. Without the card, normal charges will apply
- The card can only be used at facilities listed in the Passport to Leisure guide
- To obtain Passport to Leisure rates for individual court hire for badminton, squash and tennis, at least one of the players must be a Passport to Leisure cardholder. Variable discount apply at Billesley Indoor Tennis Centre and Community Leisure Centres according to the number of Passport to Leisure cardholders playing at the time
- Discounts do not apply on multi-activity sessions (eg Ladies' Recreation and 50+ Recreation)
- To qualify for a discount on children's courses (eg Strikes and Strokes) the child must be a valid Passport to Leisure cardholder
- The last PTL ticket for Erdington's Turkish Suite is 3.30pm
- Cards may not be used after the expiry date
- Cards must be renewed every 12 months. It is the responsibility of the cardholder to renew the card before it expires
- If a cardholder changes name, a new card may be issued free of charge. Documentation will need to be provided as proof, e.g. marriage certificate
- Passport to Leisure cardholders must notify the Leisure Card office of any changes of personal details or circumstances making them ineligible for the card
- Providing incorrect information with the intent of defrauding the council will result in appropriate action being taken
- Reduced rates for Passport to Leisure Card holders do not exist for all services, (eg club/group bookings and team sports). In addition, concessions are subject to availability and may be altered or withdrawn without notice
- The card cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions or special offers
For further information contact Birmingham Sport & Events on 0121 464 2012
Choice Membership Schemes
Conditions of Use
Payments will be debited from your bank account on, or shortly after, the first day of each month
Should an application for a direct debit payment be declined, Choice membership will be suspended until the account is paid in full
Minimum contract period three months, you can cancel in the cooling off period which is before the first payment is taken from your bank account.
At least 28 days notice must be given, in writing, for cancellation of the contract
No refund will be given in the event that facilities are not used
All activities and classes are offered subject to availability
A charge may be levied for replacement of lost cards
Passport to Leisure Choice members must renew their PTL membership every 12 months. If you cease to qualify for PTL, the full Choice package price will apply
Birmingham City Council reserves the right to change terms & conditions and prices with prior notice