Netloan Computer Booking System
All computers in Central Library are now located on the Ground Floor, including accessible computers for people with specific needs.
Changes in Netloan Bookings
In response to your comments your allowance is now 6 hours a week. Adults can make 2 hour bookings, with further time after a 20 minute break. Children under 16 can book up to 2 hours a day. Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance.
Please note if you arrive late time is deducted from your session and if you arrive 10 minutes late your session is cancelled.
If you have books overdue or owe £1 or more in fines you will not be able to book a computer until the fines are paid
More about Netloan
The Netloan system operates in Birmingham Central Library and all Community Libraries. You will find self-service booking kiosks in the Computer and Internet area on the Ground Floor of Central Library .
All customer feedback will be regularly reviewed so that the system can be adapted.
- The system was introduced by public demand.
- It makes access to the computers fairer and enable more people to use the computers.
- Printing is easier and there are fewer wasted printouts.
- Everyone requires a library card and PIN in order to use the library computers. This means that everyone using the computers is identifiable and illegal activities can be traced back to individuals.
- You can also use your library card and PIN for the self service facilities in Central Library.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and a feedback form
- to use the computers you will need your library card and PIN
- if you are visiting Birmingham you can get a temporary card and PIN
- you will need to book a PC before you can use it (with the exception of Quicknet*). Please note. Computers are closed down 15 minutes before the library closes.
- you will be able to book up to seven days in advance.
- you can book using a kiosk PC or on the internet or ask the staff
- to make a booking from any internet PC go to www.birmingham.gov.uk/libraries and follow the link or go direct to: netloan.birmingham.gov.uk
- computers in Centre for the Child are reserved for use by children. Unless you have a child ticket you will not be able to book these.
- some computers are reserved for use by people who wish to access library resources you will need to book these through the staff.
* QuickNetThe QuickNet computers
- you will need to enter your library card number and PIN to start a session
- sessions are automatic and last 20 minutes
- no return within 20 minutes
- sessions count towards your weekly allowance
Equality Impact Needs Assessment Form
Computers in Birmingham Libraries
Joining the Library in Birmingham for Adults