Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable tonight from 8.00pm until 2.00am tomorrow morning.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Every business will own some form of intellectual property, whether it be a brand name, a portfolio of photographs or a new piece of technology. However, understanding why and how to assert ownership of these rights and to exploit them commercially is often a difficult and complex process. Business and Learning's Intellectual Property service is designed to provide essential, clear and pragmatic support on patents, trade marks, copyright and design registration.
The service is comprised of a variety of resources which will suit different learning needs. Subsequently Business and Learning can offer the following:
- Free 1 hour consultation with a trained member of staff. Essentially this is an introductory session and will include instruction on how to research existing IP rights.
- Free IP clinic with a local CIPA registered patent attorney. Held every Wednesday evening, this resource provides access to an IP professional, who can answer complex legal issues.
- Free IP seminars.
- Access to online trade mark and patent search facilities.
- IP research facility
- Comprehensive patent and trade mark collections
- IP related books and stocks of Intellectual Property Office publications
Business and Learning is part of the PatLib UK network and provides these services across the Midlands area. Created by the European Patent Office, the network aims to provide support and information to individuals and SMEs who are new to intellectual property. There are 14 centres across the United Kingdom.
For more information please visit