Orthopedic Hospital, Broad Street
A familiar view, the Orthopedic Hospital on Broad Street, as it appeared in the early 1960s.
The building began its life as the Children's Hospital in 1862, it was later renamed as the Orthopedic Hospital. In the 1990s the character of Broad Street was changing and the outpatients service was moved from there to Woodlands Hospital, Northfield, in 1993. After the closure, the building saw new life and a change of occupation, becoming the Old Orleans Restaurant, an American style restaurant.