Some of our online forms will be unavailable on Sunday 8 March. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
What is in the Charles Parker Archive?
Everything he kept is held in this collection
- The tapes he recorded and worked with
- Transcriptions and working notes
- Production books and notebooks
- Newspaper cuttings
- Letters sent and received
- A library of books on international folk music and
culture, politics, history, religion
The Archive gives a unique view of the wide-ranging work of an energetic cultural activist in the 50s, 60s and 70s.
It throws light on the value and uses of Oral History in education.
It explores techniques and opportunities for production in theatre, radio, television.
The contents of the Archive have been converted to digital media for easier access.
Illustration by Eric Fraser for the Ballad of John Axon, reproduced with permission of the BBC
Charles Parker Archive