VE Day Quiz
1. What was introduced in Britain on the 8th January 1940?
2. What was the name of the campaign which encouraged people to grow their own food?
3. What were the names of the two planes that were built at the Castle Bromwich aircraft factory?
4. What was the name of the organisation that 'put on' concert parties in factories etc.
5. What was the official name for the evacuation of Dunkirk?
6. Birmingham was the largest centre for munitions manufacture during the war. What percentage of the population was involved in this production? 10%, 20% or 30%?
7. What was the name given to scheme that produced simple, low price and good quality clothing and furniture?
8. What does ARP stand for?
9. What was the name of the air raid shelter designed to be used as a table inside the house?
10. What was the nickname given to the German V1 Rocket?
11. For which organisation did 'Land Girls' work?
12. What did the Local Defence Force change its name to in 1940?
13. 1n September 1939 the government introduced the 'Mickey Mouse' for use by children only. What was it?
14. Which Birmingham company was responsible for the production of 50% of all precision weapons (rifles and machine guns) made in Britain during the war?
15. How many children were evacuated from Birmingham on the 1st September 1939? 25,000, 30,000 or 35,000?
16. What fell on Birmingham for the first time on the night of 8/9 August 1940?
17. Complete the title of this government poster campaign. Careless Talk.....
18. Produced in Birmingham by Metro-Cammell, what type of vehicle was a "Harry Hopkins"?
19. What was the name of the photographer who was employed by Vogue as their war correspondent in 1941?
20. Which football ground was commandeered by the military authorities in 1939?
'Lest We Forget' Exhibition