Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Advertisement

Advertising

St James' Church, Handsworth c1920

St James Church, Handsworth c1920

The church was erected in 1838-40, and a parish was assigned to it out of Saint Mary's in 1854. Enlargements to the church continued, most notably a new chancel which was built in 1878, and consecrated by the Bishop Of Lichfield on November 9th of the same year.

Digital Birmingham Photo Archive -1920
Digital Birmingham Photo Archive - main menu
Digital Handsworth Project