Ladywood Constituency Neighbourhood Management
What is Neighbourhood Management?
- Neighbourhood management brings community and service providers together at a neighbourhood level, to tackle local problems and improve local services.
- The manager views the neighbourhood rather than specific services and develops a systematic, planned approach to improving the quality of life.
- The approach is based on influencing mainstream service providers in how they deliver services and make resource decisions, rather than through the provision of additional special resources.
- The manager is primarily accountable to the local community through a multi-sector board, which focuses on tackling problems from the local citizensperspective.
How does it work?
- Neighbourhood management ensures that local services directly meet the needs of residents by:
- Enabling local people & their representatives to give direction to local services
- Bringing agencies together to achieve a more coherent delivery of local services
- Creating a sense of pride and shared responsibility for the well being of the area and its future development
Ladywood Constituency has 3 pilot neighbourhood management projects
- Phase 1 South Nechells (started December 2006)
- Phase 2 Summerfield and Central Ladywood (started February 2007)
- Phase 2 oho Finger and Gib Heath (started February 2007)
Find out more about Ladywood Constituency Neighbourhood Management Projects