Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable on Saturday 20th December 2014 between 8.00am and 8.00pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Free Internet Access In Central Library
You can use the Internet in most service areas in the Central Library. This facility is free.
Points to bear in mind when using this service
- Dedicated computers for CD-Roms are located on Floor 4 of the library.
- Please do not alter any settings on our computers or download information on to their hard disks.
- Our security systems will prevent access to most offensive material on the Internet. However, as new sites are continually being added, our systems can never be totally effective. If you discover an offensive site please inform a member of staff who will investigate the matter.
- You can obtain printouts of screen pages at a nominal charge from a centralised printer. On some computers you can save your work to a USB flash drive/ memory stick.
- As with all networked systems there will be occasions when the service will not be available for technical reasons. We will do our best to minimise such disruption.
From March 2009 we are introducing the Netloan computer booking system
Computer adaptations for people with disabilities are available and staff will help with these.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to ask a member of staff
- Archives and Heritage Floor 6 0121 303 4217 and 0121 303 4549
- Business Insight Ground Floor 0121 303 4531
- Centre for the Child * Ground Floor 0121 303 2421
- Information Services Floors 3, 4 and 5 0121 303 4545
- Music Services Floor 3 0121 303 2482
* Please note that Centre for the Child has shorter opening hours than the rest of the library.