Regulation and Enforcement - Equality and Diversity
‘Fair regulation for all – achieving a safe, healthy, clean, green and fair trading city for residents, businesses and visitors’.
Our customer charter sets out our commitments to you so that you can judge us on our promises:
Licensing Service Standards
You can find a copy of the Licensing Service Plan 2012-2013 on our website.
Some of the service standards our customers can expect from us include:
- If you telephone us we will answer within 15 seconds
- If you request our assistance we will contact you within 5 working days to respond to your request
- When we have no option but to take enforcement action against a person we will strive to complete our investigation within two thirds of the time allowed to us by law
- We will operate an appointment system at our Crystal Court offices
- We will ask you, our customers, what you think of the quality of our services and take on board your views
- We will visit all Private Hire Operators three times during the year.
Birmingham Community Safety Partnership (BCSP)
A hate crime is a crime which is motivated, in whole or in part, by hatred, bias, or prejudice, based upon the actual or perceived race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation of another individual or group.
Violence against women
Violence against Women is one of the major crime and disorder challenges that Birmingham faces. But it is much more than a crime, causing incalculable damage to the people, economy and social fabric of our city.
Read the draft Violence Against Women Strategy 2012-14 for more information.
A full list of Regulation and Enforcement services.