Spring 2012 Letterbox digital survey results
The Letterbox digital survey included in the Spring 2012 issue, ended on 13 April 2012. Thank you to everyone who took the time to fill it in.
One lucky reader, drawn at random from all the entries, will win a digital camera donated by Digital Birmingham. The winner’s name will be revealed in the next issue of Letterbox.
How Digital Are You? Letterbox, Spring 2012
56% of those who took part have access to a computer or laptop at home – but 58% have an email address
• 59% of those who took part don’t use any form of social media like Facebook or Twitter
• A third – 33% - of those who responded would like to be able to access council services through social media
• And 35% currently find out about council services online
Set up an online council account today! You can do things online like book a bulky waste collection and soon you’ll be able to check your rent account.
• Only 24% of those who took part knew that you can read the latest issue of Letterbox on this website
• More than two-thirds – 72% - of those who took part have a mobile phone of some kind, and more than half of you – 54% - said you were happy for the council to contact you by mobile phone or email.
If you have given us permission to contact you by email or mobile number, this will have been recorded on our database.
• Tenants and leaseholders of all ages responded to the survey, but most were older – 67% were over 45, while just 3% were under 25.