Billesley Housing Liaison Board
The Billesley Housing Liaison Board is a partnership between council tenants and leaseholders, other stakeholders, councillors and officers of the council.
Through this partnership HLBs are able to influence and advise the council on housing policy and service delivery. There is also opportunity for individual customers to take part in the local decision-making process.
Billesley HLB's main activities are:
- deciding on local improvement projects including the board's 'Community Improvement budget'
- working in partnership with schools, ward committees, the police and other agencies to improve the local area
- liaising with other council departments
- monitoring, improving and maintaining a quality of service to include gas servicing, repairs, letting empty properties, estate services and rent collection. Performance is reported to the HLB through the 'Tenants Quality Promise' which sets the standards of service and performance targets.
- undertaking estate walkabouts.
- Environmental issues
- Security and crime reduction
- Repairs and maintenance
- Security lighting installations
- Protective trip railing to grassed features
- Security fencing and gating projects
- Supporting provision of communal security door entry systems
- Localised horticultural improvements.
Any local council tenant or leaseholder can join the Housing Liaison Board. If you need help with transport, please contact the tenant participation officer.
If you have any questions or would like to join, please fill in our online form or contact the Selly Oak tenant participation officer:
Selly Oak District Housing Team
326 High Street
0121 464 3626
Find out more about...
- Menu of involvement
- Service standards
- Frequently asked questions
- What support will you receive if you become involved?
- Tenant Training Programme
- Housing Liaison Boards (HLBs)
- Tenant Management Organisations (TMOs)
- Tenant Involvement Agreement
- Birmingham Be Heard - find out how the views of Birmingham citizens are shaping life in the city
Citywide Groups and Documents