Acocks Green Housing Liaison Board
The Acocks Green Housing Liaison Board represents council residents across the ward, and works with other community and representative groups to ensure that the voices of all tenants are heard.
The Housing Liaison Board is primarily aimed at resolving problems with council housing, but also discusses other issues such as:
- Improving street lighting
- Combating antisocial behaviour (ASB) by working with the police and the ASB team
- Tackling traffic and parking issues across the ward.
The Acocks Green Housing Liaison Board has achieved numerous community improvements across the ward, such as:
- Working with Mears, neighbourhood caretakers and the residents of Manor Court to create raised flowerbeds in the courtyard
- Contributing to the Yardley in Bloom gardening competition and working to create a remembrance garden and improve the appearance of Pemberley Road
- Improving the street lighting in Tean Close
- Currently working in conjunction with the police to erect ‘domehawk’ columns for CCTV cameras in order to deter ASB on certain estates.
Any local council tenant or leaseholder can join a Housing Liaison Board.
If you have any questions or would like to join, please fill in the form at the bottom of this page or contact the Yardley tenant participation officer:
TPO - Yardley district
Rear of 146 Lea Hall Road
0121 464 1615
Find out more about...
- Menu of involvement
- Service standards
- Frequently asked questions
- What support will you receive if you become involved?
- Tenant Training Programme
- Housing Liaison Boards (HLBs)
- Tenant Management Organisations (TMOs)
- Tenant Involvement Agreement
- Birmingham Be Heard - find out how the views of Birmingham citizens are shaping life in the city
Citywide Groups and Documents