Perry Barr Housing Liaison Board
Perry Barr Housing Liaison Board is primarily aimed at resolving problems with council housing, but also discusses other issues such as:
- Clearing streets of litter
- Improving street lighting
- Providing activities for young people
- Community safety.
Perry Barr Housing Liaison Board Chair - Disability Champion
Samantha Vaughan with the Lord Mayor.
Supported by Tenant Participation Officer
and members from the Lozells HLB.
The Heart of Birmingham Community Champion Oscars Awards gives every day local people and businesses the opportunity to be recognised by local communities for making a difference. There are 14 categories from “Neighbour of the Year” to “Disability Champion”.
The Awards are designed to highlight what’s good in everyday life and its people in and around the Heart of Birmingham. The Award of Disability Champion (won by Samantha Vaughan) recognised the valuable contribution people with disabilities can have to influence tenant involvement. The awards are run by the community for the community with no pre-selection, this means all the nominees are selected by local people. This is a fantastic night with presentations being made by the Mayor of Birmingham.
Samantha Vaughan presented with Award
from one of the Sponsors – Tesco.
The Perry Barr Housing Liaison Board's achievements include:
- A gardening project carried out at Bescot Court sheltered housing scheme
- Security measures such as fencing installed at Borman Road, Bardfield Close and Kingsdown Avenue
- A litter and graffiti project with 8 to 11 year olds
- Untaxed cars reported
- Abandoned cars removed
- An environmental project with Kingsland Junior and Infant School
- Prompting and encouraging residents to remove bulky rubbish and clear gullies
- A clean up day held with Kingsdown Residents Association
- Initiatives to target rubbish in wrong places and rubbish filled gardens in Wellhead Lane, Oscott Road and Perry Villa estate.
Come along to a Perry Barr HLB meeting. Any local council tenant or leaseholder can join a Housing Liaison Board.
If you have any questions or would like to join, please fill in our online form or contact the Perry Barr tenant participation officer:
Tenant Participation Officer
Perry Barr District
0121 303 5667
Find out more about...
- Menu of involvement
- Service standards
- Frequently asked questions
- What support will you receive if you become involved?
- Tenant Training Programme
- Housing Liaison Boards (HLBs)
- Tenant Management Organisations (TMOs)
- Tenant Involvement Agreement
- Birmingham Be Heard - find out how the views of Birmingham citizens are shaping life in the city