Edgbaston Housing Liaison Board
The Edgbaston Housing Liaison Board represents council residents across the ward, and works with other community and representative groups to ensure that the voices of all tenants are heard.
Edgbaston Housing Liaison Board is primarily aimed at resolving problems with council housing, but also discusses other issues such as:
- drugs and prostitution on the Edgbaston and Priory Estate
- involving members of minority communities and refugees in what the board does
- tackling social and economic deprivation by working in partnership with local agencies.
Our AchievementsThe Edgbaston Housing Liaison Board's achievements include:
- providing new gates for the low rise block gates at Roman Way
- clean up on the various estates
- CCTV maintenance on Priory estate
- garden improved works carried out on the waterworks estate to improve the area
- disabled parking lines at Barsham Close
- numerous street clean-ups
- improvement of street lighting on housing estates
- improvement of footpaths and other repairs to the environment
- currently undertaking an options study to look at various other issues in the area
- provided a number of no ball, keep off the grass signs and no parking signs for the ward
- provided socket outlets for Thirlmere House and Hampton and Richmond Court
- put up a noticeboard for the Waterworks Estate.
Any local council tenant or leaseholder can join a Housing Liaison Board.
If you have any questions or would like to join, please fill in our online form or contact the Edgbaston tenant participation officer:
Edgbaston District Office
Bartley Green Housing Office
0121 303 5359
Find out more about...
- Menu of involvement
- Service standards
- Frequently asked questions
- What support will you receive if you become involved?
- Tenant Training Programme
- Housing Liaison Boards (HLBs)
- Tenant Management Organisations (TMOs)
- Tenant Involvement Agreement
- Birmingham Be Heard - find out how the views of Birmingham citizens are shaping life in the city