The Children's Strategic Partnership
The former Children’s Trust Board has been disbanded and a new Children’s Strategic Partnership Board established. This board comprises senior representatives from appropriate agencies. There is a strong commitment from all agencies to deliver on the key priorities of the Children and Young People’s Plan and to support the City Council in its improvement of services to children and families. The Strategic Partnership Board has endorsed the refreshed Children and Young People’s Plan and work is already underway to deliver some of its key actions.
The Children’s Strategic Partnership Board is accountable to the Health and Wellbeing Board. It is also held to account by the Safeguarding Board for the delivery of effective safeguarding services and, in turn, the Children’s Strategic Partnership Board is also also charged with ensuring that the Safeguarding Board is performing effectively.
- The Cabinet Member for Children and Family Services
- The Cabinet Member for Health and Wellbeing
- Birmingham City Council through its Children, Young People & Families Directorate (three members)
- West Midlands Police Service (two members)
- Health (three members embracing clinical commissioning groups, wider commissioning and providers)
- Director of Public Health
- Schools (two members drawn from all phases)
- Independent Chair of the Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board
- Representative of the Voluntary Sector (nominated by the BVSC)