Equality Framework for Local Government
- Economy Directorate Equality Information
- Place Directorate Equality Information
- People Directorate (Children’s Services) Equality Information
- People Directorate (Adult Services) Equality Information
- Equality & Human Rights Commission
- Equalities Home Office
- Birmingham Faith Map
- Birmingham Community Safety Partnership
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index
The Equality Framework for Local Government (EFLG) is a performance improvement and benchmarking tool. It builds on and develops the work council's have done on the Equality Standard for Local Government (ESLG). The framework is the national standard for measuring an organisation's commitment and ability to mainstream equality.
The three levels of performance
The Framework is designed to allow authorities to benchmark their performance against, three levels of performance - Developing, Achieving, Excellent.
Birmingham City Council is benchmarked as 'achieving' against the new Equality Framework for Local Government (EFLG).
The Equality Framework for Local Government contains a common performance framework for compliance integrating the Public Sector Equality Duty. A council's overall performance on equality and diversity will be assessed across 5 areas of performance:
- Knowing your communities and equality mapping,
- Placing shaping, leadership, partnership and organisational commitment,
- Community engagement and satisfaction,
- Responsive services and customer care,
- A modern and diverse workforce
For more detailed information on the Equality Framework for Local Government, visit the Local Government Association website.