Licensing Services Customer Feedback
We want to hear your comments about the services we provide, whether these be comments, complaints or compliments. This will help us to ensure that we are catering to customer needs as far as possible and improve our services accordingly.
We try to ensure that the services we provide meet your needs and expectations but we recognise that occasions can arise when our service falls below the high standards we set ourselves. Our Your Views form enables you to bring such matters to our attention. It is important that you provide us with as much detail as possible about what has happened. We can investigate but cannot respond to anonymous complaints.
Graph showing Licensing Request for assistance (RFA's) responded to within 5 working days.
Satisfaction with the Overall Quality of Service received by Customers who contacted Licensing Enforcement for Assistance.
Customers can contact the trader directly in the first instance or Citizens Advice Bureau for assistance with complaints that they have with licensed traders that are not related to potential licensing breaches.
Where a trader may have breached their conditions of licence or committed an offence, the case can be referred to our Licensing Enforcement Team where it is allocated to one of our officers to investigate.
Satisfaction with the Overall Quality of Service received by Businesses (Hackney Carriage and Private Hire) who contacted Licensing in relation to Licensing matters.
Licensing deal with the issue and renewal of all licences in the city for hackney carriage and private hire vehicles, drivers and operators. The graph demonstrates the overall satisfaction level of these customers with the service they receive from Licensing.
Business Satisfaction with the Overall Quality of Enforcement (Hackney Carriage and Private Hire) Activities by the Licensing Service.
The Licensing service undertakes enforcement activities in relation to the legislation and licence conditions applied to the hackney carriage and private hire businesses. The graph demonstrates the overall satisfaction of these customers with the enforcement activities of the Licensing service.
Satisfaction with the Overall Quality of Service received by Businesses (General Licensing) who contacted Licensing in relation to Licensing matters.
Licensing deal with all licences in the city for alcohol, regulated entertainment, late night refreshment, gambling, charitable street and house to house collections, massage and special treatments, scrap metal, sexual entertainment, sex establishments and skin piercers. The graph demonstrates the overall satisfaction level of these customers with the service they receive from Licensing.
In the year 2014 - 2015 6 complaints were received but none were upheld.
We hope that the service we provide meets your needs and expectations. However, we recognise that occasionally our service may fall below the high standards we set ourselves. This procedure enables you to bring any such problems to our attention. It is important that you provide us with as much detail as possible about what has happened. We can investigate but cannot respond to anonymous complaints.
We undertake to ensure that:
- Your complaint is taken seriously and you are dealt with in a fair and courteous manner.
- Your complaint will be acknowledged and you will be notified of the name and contact number of the Investigating Officer.
- The investigating officer will try to resolve your complaint informally within 48 hours of speaking to you (an interpreter will be provided if required).
- Should the investigation take longer than 48 hours we will aim to complete it within 15 working days and provide you with a response in writing.
- If we cannot complete our investigations within 15 working days we will tell you and give you a date by which the investigation should be completed.
- You will be given an opportunity to discuss the results of the investigation and you will also be told who you can complain to if you are not happy with the outcome of the investigation.
Please send your complaint/comment/compliment to:
Your Views Co-ordinator
Regulation and Enforcement
PO Box 15908
Telephone: 0121 303 6971