Aston Local Plan - Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG)
The Aston Local Plan addresses a range of planning and transportation issues in north Aston and Witton, including the impact of Aston Villa Football Club on the nearby area. Amongst other things, the Plan provides the context for any future development of the Aston Villa Football Club ground.
Although much of the Plan addresses planning and transportation issues, it also aims to
- ensure Villa Park, Aston Parish Church and Aston Hall continue to co-exist and accommodate the needs of both residents, tourists and football supporters
- protect and enhance the historic buildings in the area
- attract new investment to the area
- improve community facilities and
- tackle training and employment problems
Since the plan was approved in 1998, planning permissions have been granted for Aston Villa Football Club to expand the stadium capacity. These permissions were supported by legal agreements to improve environmental, recreational and transportation measures in the area.
Please note that a new planning policy document, theAston, Newtown and Lozells Area Action Plan, has now been adopted, and replaces the Aston Local Plan.
The Aston Local Plan is available below.
Document Status : Statutory Policy Document - Adopted September 1998 - Now Revoked See above (July 2012)
Last Updated : 2nd September 2013