The Birmingham Big Green Lunch Event
Shortcut to this page: www.birmingham.gov.uk/sustainabilityspringfair
To mark The Eden Project’s Big Lunch initiative, Birmingham held a free Big Green Lunch in June 2013 at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens.
The aim of the Big Lunch was to encourage people to come together for a few hours of food, friendship and fun and in doing this encourage stronger, friendlier and greener minded communities to start up and flourish. Birmingham’s Big Lunch had a green twist to encourage sustainability and environmental awareness.
- Caribbean, Italian, Indian and Vegetarian caterers providing food to buy and eat on the terrace with sweeping views of the garden
- Fair-trade tea, coffee and refreshments for sale - plus decorate your own cupcake
- Indoor fair-trade and ethical market selling locally sourced produce and crafts from around the world
- Stage shows featuring local bands in the Bandstand and dancers, magic and fun in the Garden Suite
- Mini petting farm where children can gain awareness of and touch small farm animals
- A bungee trampoline and climbing wall for the more adventurous!
- Popular event favourites such as learning circus skills and playing giant games on the lawn
- Top it off with a stroll around the beautiful grounds, glass houses and aviaries of the Botanical Gardens as well as the newly opened Butterfly House