Unfortunately some of our forms will be unavailable between 03/07/15 (17:00 hours) and 06/07/15 (08:00 hours). We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Services for people with a sensory impairment
Services for adults who have lost some or all of their hearing or sight (sensory impairment).
What services do we provide?
We provide social care services for adults in Birmingham who are:
- deaf or who have difficulty hearing
- blind or partially sighted
- caring for an adult with hearing or sight loss.
To find out more about these services and how to get them, click on the links above.
Our services aim to help you:
- be as independent as possible for as long as possible
- enjoy a full life, safely and with confidence
- stay in the place where you choose to live.
Information for Carers is on the Support and services for Carers page.
We also help to organise regular discussion forums for anyone in Birmingham who
- has sight loss
- is deaf or hard of hearing
- supports someone who has sight loss or is deaf or hard of hearing.
These forums are a chance to talk about issues that affect you. For example, improving services and making access to places in the city easier for people with disabilities.
You are welcome to come along, even if you're not getting a service from us.
For more information please contact Mike Ewins at the Customer Care and Citizen Involvement Team by
- phone: 0121 303 4044
- mobile: 07824 694351 (for calls or texts)
- email: Mike.Ewins@birmingham.gov.uk.
Commissioning sensory impairment services
The document at the end of this page tells you more about how we ‘buy in’ sensory impairment services for people with hearing or sight loss.
Adult Care in Brum which includes a directory of services from a range of organisations for people with sensory impairment.
Specialist services and support to deafblind people and those who have progressive sight and hearing loss.
Support and campaigning for adults and children who are deafblind, including those with other disabilities.
Commissioning strategy for sensory impairment services