Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Comments, Complaints and Ombudsman

Every day, Birmingham City Council delivers services to over a million people. We aim to provide the best possible service but sometimes things can - and do - go wrong. For example:
  • You do not get the service you should get
  • You are not treated fairly or with respect by our staff
  • We have made a wrong decision or have not consulted the people affected by the decision

If any of these things happen to you we want you to tell us so that, whenever possible, we can put them right. You can contact Birmingham City Council to make a complaint by calling in at, or writing to, or telephoning the place where the problem arises, or by using the "Contact Us" button at the top of this page.

Your local councillor can also help by providing advice, information or acting on your behalf.

As soon as you let us know what the problem is, we will discuss it with you and will let you know the timescales within which the problem can be solved. Many problems can be sorted out quickly

If you are not happy with the way your complaint has been dealt with or the decision, you may wish for an independent investigation of your problem to be carried out. This can be done by contacting the Local Government Ombudsman.

The Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771

0845 602 1983


Text: 0762 480 4323