|Directorate:||Children, Young People and Families|
|Job Reference Number:||ES1618IT|
|Salary range:||£50000 to £100000|
|Salary:||£56,109 - £65,011|
|Grade:||L17 – L23|
|Closing Date:||12 September 2014|
|Criminal Records Bureau:||Yes|
|Criminal Records Bureau Text:||
Al-Furqan is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Al-Furqan Primary School, Reddings Lane, Tyseley, Birmingham, B11 3EY
The Interim Executive Board of Al-Furqan Primary School, which is a rapidly improving school, invites applications from enthusiastic and excellent leaders to fill our Head Teacher’s post. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head Teacher to be part of Al-Furqan Primary School which has been designated by the Secretary of State as a Voluntary Aided school, with a religious character.
Al-Furqan Primary School (AFPS) is to be conducted as an Islamic school. The Islamic Ethos of AFPS must be in accordance with the Islamic Ethos (including IQA) as defined by Al-Furqan Educational Trust (AFET). We are looking for an outstanding candidate who embodies the aims, ethos and aspirations of our expanding school.
The successful candidate will be:
• A committed practising Sunni Muslim
• Passionate about education.
• An inspirational leader who brings ambition and high standards to match those of the community and who motivates and supports staff and children alike.
• Able to understand and empathise with the values of the school and show how this can be demonstrated within our diverse community, and be an excellent communicator.
• Committed to upholding and promoting the Islamic ethos of the school as it has been defined by AFET.
• Able to demonstrate clear strategic thinking in managing the school to achieve its aims and vision.
• Passionate that each child reaches the maximum of their potential.
We can offer:
• Children who enjoy their education and thrive in their environment.
• Dedicated teaching and support staff.
• A welcoming learning environment in a well-resourced school.
• Committed and engaged parents and governors.
To arrange a school visit please contact: Andrew Moore-Stow, Interim Head Teacher, on 0121 777 2222.Response Details:
Closing Date: Friday 12 September, 12 noon
For further details and application form please contact the Response Handling Unit on 0121 464 6488 (24 hour answerphone) or email CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk quoting reference: ES1618IT.
Application packs can also be downloaded below.
Short-listing Date: 16 September 2014; Interview dates: 25 September 2014.
Email: CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.ukApplication Documents: