Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable on Saturday 20th December 2014 between 8.00am and 8.00pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Sparkhill Children Centre
0121 464 5805 OR 0121 303 7875
0121 464 5804
Opening time:Term time (Monday – Friday) 3.15 – 6.30 p.m.
School Holidays (Monday – Friday) 12.00 – 5.00 p.m.
Facilities: 2 rooms, kitchen, toilets (male, female and disabled),limited car parking on premises.
Leisure type: Enclosed play area at rear of building, park at rear, swimming bathsadjacent to the centre and library upstairs.
Activities: Primary- (Educational – home-work support, topical worksheets basedon Visual-aids, art & craft, games sessions and sports).Additional- (workshops provided by other professionals, trips, drama& dance, music, football, volleyball, juggling, netball, girls & boys club).
Direction/Location: Stratford Road – A34 ( Centre is based in the ‘Sparkhill Social and Cultural Centre’) located between ‘Sparkhill Police Station’ (Cnr. of Court road & Stratford Road) and ‘Sparkhill Baths’ (Stratford Road).
Public Transport: Buses from city centre (lower Corporation street) –No.’s 2, 5, 6, 31 (alight at stop opposite ‘Sparkhill Park’)
Parking: At rear of building
- We cater for children aged 5-12years
- We offer activities that will develop a child at an academic and social level in a holistic way and yoga as an alternative approach to well being and health.
- We provide pastoral care and a simbiotic service in partnership with local schools and organisations that care for the welfare of children.
- Access and specific needs we cater for children with moderate needs but always welcome children with more severe needs with a 1 to 1 worker.
- Room Hire:as part of the ‘Social & Cultural Centre’ in which premises Centre is based
- Other activities:a pro-active role in an advisory capacity of a local park (Percy Road) which the children were instrumental in its establishment and development. This is done via the ‘Friends of Percy Road Park’ of which the members are from the local community.
Staff Team: Co-ordinator, Deputy and 2 part-time Play Leaders.