Exercise for Free
Birmingham City Council, in partnership with the NHS, is now offering all Birmingham residents* free swimming, group exercise classes and gym sessions.
To join the scheme you'll need a Leisure Card. Just complete an application form and take it to your local centre along with two documents which show your name and address.
*Birmingham residents pay council tax to Birmingham City Council. Non-Birmingham residents aged over 60 or under 17 can still swim for free.
What is included?
- Group fitness classes (before 5pm Mon-Fri, after 1pm weekends)
- Fitness gyms** (before 5pm Mon-Fri, after 1pm weekends)
- Fitness gym inductions (times as above)
- Swimming at all times during casual public sessions
- ICE Youth gyms** (8-16 yr-olds only, during normal public opening hours)
**except the cardio and ICE Youth gyms at Northfield Pool and Fitness Centre
Please note Powerpoint (free weights) gyms and sports hall hire are not included in the scheme.
The scheme runs until March 31 2011.