Please be aware that there will be changes to the Passport to Leisure scheme as from 1st January 2014. Please see the attached PDF's at the bottom of the page for more details
The Passport to Leisure (PTL) Card provides savings on leisure activities for a wide range of concessionary groups.
If you are in one of the following categories then you can apply for a PTL Card:
- Aged 60 or over
- Full-time student
- An asylum seeker
- A carer
- Receiving certain benefits (ask at your local leisure centre)
- Looked after children
- People with a disability who receive benefit
- Groups of people with special needs who require assistance
(for use at one centre only – ask at your local leisure centre)
How much does it cost?
Residents of Birmingham (you pay your Council Tax to Birmingham City Council):
- £6.00 if you are aged 69 or under
- Free if you are aged 70 and over
All cards are valid for 12 months, cardholders must remember to renew their card when it expires.
Benefits of a PTL
- Discounts are available on most activities every day of the week with a maximum of 40% Monday - Friday until 5.00pm and after 1.00pm on Saturday and Sunday
- Most sites will also offer 10% discount after 5.00pm Monday to Friday and until 1.00pm Saturday and Sunday
- Swimmers can get 40% reduction during general swimming sessions all day, every day
- Some sites offer the maximum discount at all times, but you will need to check this with your local leisure centre as discounts will differ
- There is a 30% discount available on selected instructed courses across the city, which includes swimming, gymnastics, golf, football, trampolining and martial arts
The following organisations accept Passport to Leisure or offer concessions on full ticket prices. The discount varies and is at the organisation’s discretion. Please contact the venue direct for details of their offer.
- Birmingham Museums & Art Gallery 303 1996
Concessions on any exhibitions with an admission price.
- Nature Centre 472 7775
- Aston Villa Football Club 327 5353
£1 for Kids with a full paying adult. Valid at Villa Value games.
- Botanical Gardens 454 1860
- Birmingham Hippodrome 0844 338 5000
£3 discount on top 3 prices for performances in more than 24 hours in advance
24 hours standby - lowest standard price applies for best available tickets
All discounts are subject to availability and are applied at the sales manager's discretion.
Calls charged from 5p per minute
- Midlands Arts Centre 446 3232
- NIA Community Hall 644 7134
National Indoor Arena (Gym Members)
- Symphony Hall 780 3333
CBSO Concerts only, no other concerts or events.
- Birmingham Rep
Tickets from £5 after 1pm on the day of the performance. Terms and conditions apply, visit www.birminghamrep.co.uk for more information.
How to apply for a PTL Card
You will be required to complete a PTL application form and provide proof of your name, address and eligibility. We accept the following as proof of name and address:
- Council Tax Bill
- Bank Statement
- Medical Card
- Gas/Electric/Landline Telephone Bill
Please Note: If your benefit is a joint claim and your partner’s surname is different then you must show evidence of sharing the same address.
You can complete the application form at your local leisure centre or online.
How to renew a PTL Card
Complete a PTL Renewal Form at your local leisure centre.
If you are over 60 and are re-applying, you do not need to show proof of age again until you reach 70 years, when the card becomes free to Birmingham residents.
You will need to show proof of address.